D7949: Allow to print pdf doc directly into a QPrinter

Oliver Sander noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 10 20:02:01 BST 2018

sander marked 3 inline comments as done.
sander added a comment.

  That is https://phabricator.kde.org/D7962 .  I put it on hold, because I didn't want to spend more time on time before knowing whether this patch here will get merged or not.

  >>  being able to use the Arthur backend in my daily work.
  >  I guess you don't print annotations then ;) For me, highlighter annotations are rendered opaque. Not a blocker, of course, but maybe worth to file a bug for.

  That is interesting. Arthur renders them correctly to a screen, but I can confirm that they are opaque when printed.
  Could this be a QPrinter bug?  It is the same poppler backend code for screen and printer output.

  That being said, highlighter annotations were a bit difficult to implement in Arthur, because they use a pdf
  feature called 'transparency groups', which maps badly to Qt.

  I also implemented all your further suggestions.  I hope I understood them correctly: not sure where you wanted the colon to be.