Emotion based TTS engine for Okular

Pranjal bhor.pranjal at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 12:59:15 UTC 2016

Hello,
I am new to the community. Me and my friends are doing final year
undergraduate project on synthesizing emotion based speech from PDF. The
project is primarily based on the research paper attached in this mail.
I have used Jovie and KMouth with Okular extensively in the past, but
they are too robotic in their speech output with absolutely no display
of emotions. Since there is no inbuilt PDF reading support in Okular, we
were thinking, instead of making a stand-alone project, we can
contribute it to Okular. If Okular stands on the policy of no inbuilt
read-aloud feature, then we would like to make it as a plugin (like
jovie and KMouth) for Okular.
Can someone please help me with regards to this?

Pranjal