Emotion based TTS engine for Okular

Pranjal bhor.pranjal at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:06:29 UTC 2016

Hello,
I am new to the community. Me and my friends are making an emotion based
TTS engine as our final year undergraduate project. The project is
primarily based on the research paper, attached in this mail, published
in Sept. 2016.

I have used Jovie and KMouth extensively in the past with Okular. But
their output is too robotic for reading literary works. Since Okular
does not have any inbuilt read-aloud facility, we were thinking, instead
of making a stand-alone project, we can contribute it to Okular PDF
reader. If Okular stands on the policy of not making an inbuilt
read-aloud feature, then we would like to make our project as a plugin
(like Jovie and KMouth) for Okular.
Can someone please help me with regards to this?

Pranjal