[Okular-devel] GSoC idea : ODF support

Detlev Casanova detlev.casanova at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:16:32 CET 2009

Hi there,

A thing I would like to have in Okular is the rendering of the files in the
ODF format (especially odp). Currently, it only supports odt but the
presentation feature could really benefit odp support, with animations, etc...
I think that is because OpenOffice.org takes sometimes a lot of time to load.
Also, KOffice librairies could be used (I don't know how it currently works
with odt) to do all that stuff but I know that those libraries  can be
improved a lot.

I didn't think about details yet but does it look like a good idea to you ?

Cheers,

Detlev.