[Okular-devel] GSoC idea : ODF support

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 24 00:17:00 CET 2009

A Dilluns, 23 de març de 2009, Detlev Casanova va escriure:
> Hi there,
>
> A thing I would like to have in Okular is the rendering of the files in the
> ODF format (especially odp). Currently, it only supports odt but the
> presentation feature could really benefit odp support, with animations,
> etc... I think that is because OpenOffice.org takes sometimes a lot of time
> to load. Also, KOffice librairies could be used (I don't know how it
> currently works with odt) to do all that stuff but I know that those
> libraries  can be improved a lot.
>
> I didn't think about details yet but does it look like a good idea to you ?

The ODT stuff is completely different codebase from koffice, i think it would
be a better idea presenting a GSoC idea that was about splitting ODF support
out of koffice to a lib so it could be better used by other KDE programs,
actually we already spoke of that in Akademy Dublin 2006! But spekaing is free
and coding is not so nothing has happened since then :-/

Albert