[Okular-devel] Feature Announcement: Adding zoom to Okular history

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jun 20 00:31:57 CEST 2009

A Dissabte, 20 de juny de 2009, XTra KrazzY va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> My partner and I would like to announce that as a project for an "Open
> Source Development" course in a university study in, we almost finished
> developing (we're doing some polishing and finishing touches to the code)
> adding zoom to the document history, which can be accessed via the
> "back/forward in the document" buttons.
>
> We've talked to Pino Toscano a while ago on #okular and got permission to
> implement this feature.
>
> The questions we have now are:
> 1. What do you think about this feature? (is it as useful as we think it
> is?)

How does it work?
I mean, i am in page 1, change to page 2 and now change zoom, i press "back in
history" and that happens? am i sent to page 1? my zoom changes? both?
Or there is a separate "zoom history"?

> 2. Why aren't the "back/forward in the document" buttons in the menu bar by
> default, instead of in some submenu?

That i'd like to know too :D Afair the reason was that it's too similar to
regular next/previous page

> 3. How are we going to commit our changes to the project?
>
> We know you are in amidst of a feature freeze until the next KDE minor
> version comes out. We would suggest you to think of it more of as an
> enhancement rather than a feature. It's not as if we added another document
> format or revamped the entire Document/PageView API.

an enhacement is synomim of feature, good try though ;-)