[Okular-devel] Feature Announcement: Adding zoom to Okular history

XTra KrazzY xtra.krazzy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 00:10:19 CEST 2009

Hello,

My partner and I would like to announce that as a project for an "Open
Source Development" course in a university study in, we almost finished
developing (we're doing some polishing and finishing touches to the code)
adding zoom to the document history, which can be accessed via the
"back/forward in the document" buttons.

We've talked to Pino Toscano a while ago on #okular and got permission to
implement this feature.

The questions we have now are:
1. What do you think about this feature? (is it as useful as we think it
is?)
2. Why aren't the "back/forward in the document" buttons in the menu bar by
default, instead of in some submenu?
3. How are we going to commit our changes to the project?

We know you are in amidst of a feature freeze until the next KDE minor
version comes out. We would suggest you to think of it more of as an
enhancement rather than a feature. It's not as if we added another document
format or revamped the entire Document/PageView API.

So, what do you think?