[Okular-devel] Page transitions with inverted colors

Adapted Cat a.c.junker at gmail.com
Tue May 15 04:26:07 CEST 2007

Hi,
  I would like to read eBooks that are typically PDF in black on
a white background. I'll be keeping those colors in the PDF itself,
but viewing it in okular with the colors inverted (white on a black
background), or using the change light/dark option.

  First of all, I can invert the colors, and the page looks as I would
expect. If instead I change paper color, it switches to 2-page facing
view (though it says single on the options) and doesn't actually
display anything. If I select change light/dark, it again goes to
2-page view, and displays 2 pages in black on white.

  So going back to inverted colors, everything looks good until I
move to the next page. Then the screen blanks to full white,
dazzling me if I'm reading at night, before loading the next page.
I would like to see the page transition respecting the color
conventions set up in the accessibility options. I looked in
ui/presentationwidget.cpp and core/pagetransition.cpp, but
couldn't find where the actual page update takes place.

  Finally, I would like to have the option, in presentation mode, to
have the default zoom remove all white-space around the content
and center the rest - perhaps even auto-rotate - for maximum
readability. Currently this involves a lot of effort with PDF editing
tools, but it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into the viewer.
If anybody has any pointers on where to start in this it would be
appreciated.

Many thanks.