[Okular-devel] Page transitions with inverted colors

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Wed May 16 22:57:20 CEST 2007

Hello, :)

>   First of all, I can invert the colors, and the page looks as I would
> expect. If instead I change paper color, it switches to 2-page facing
> view (though it says single on the options) and doesn't actually
> display anything. If I select change light/dark, it again goes to
> 2-page view, and displays 2 pages in black on white.

Strange, very strange. I tried to reproduce this problem many times, but I was
not able to. Which configuration are you using (eg single/continuous, etc)?

> So going back to inverted colors, everything looks good until I
> move to the next page. Then the screen blanks to full white,
> dazzling me if I'm reading at night, before loading the next page.
> I would like to see the page transition respecting the color
> conventions set up in the accessibility options.

You are perfectly right, this is a bug indeed.
I've started developing a solution for this (for now it's just a technical
stuff, more for backends), although I still have to think about a solution
for the real drawing code.

> I looked in
> ui/presentationwidget.cpp and core/pagetransition.cpp, but
> couldn't find where the actual page update takes place.

Both have nothing do to with the problem above.
ui/presentationwidget.cpp holds the fullscreen widget used for the
presentation mode, while pagetransition.cpp is just a simple class
repesenting a page transition (note that is optional for a page having a
transition set).
The real drawing code is in ui/pagepainter.cpp.

> Finally, I would like to have the option, in presentation mode, to
> have the default zoom remove all white-space around the content
> and center the rest

This is not implemented yet, it's basically the possibility for generic zoom
in presentation mode.

> perhaps even auto-rotate - for maximum readability.

Auto-rotate? Hmm, I don't think we could know the "ideal" rotation of a page.
Note that the rotation set in the normal mode is kept in presentation mode as
well.

> Currently this involves a lot of effort with PDF editing
> tools, but it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into the viewer.
> If anybody has any pointers on where to start in this it would be
> appreciated.

<joking> Help * help = giveHelpFor( AdaptedCat ); </joking> ;)
For most of the stuff that involves the presentation mode,
ui/presentationmode.cpp is your friend.

--
Pino Toscano