AW: idea to speech from Kalle Dallheimer

Tim Jansen ml at tjansen.de
Tue Jul 15 15:45:20 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 14:05, anbrand wrote:
> What Software do we need to record it?

Without streaming a HD recorder. KHdRecord is one for KDE:
http://software.jodda.de/ (have never used it though)

With streaming I would suggest using Ice Cast, and maybe we could ask Freenode
Radio whether they would be interested in broadcasting the talks, that could
solve the problem of distribution and bandwidth. (http://radio.freenode.org/)

> And which format is sufficient? Wave? MP3?

Wave would be too large (at least in acceptable quality), offering MP3s is
dangerous as the algorithms are patented and you have to pay royalties when
offering MP3s. Ogg Vorbis should be fine, for smaller file sizes it could be
converted to Ogg Speex.

bye...