AW: idea to speech from Kalle Dallheimer

anbrand A.Brand at
Tue Jul 15 15:05:23 CEST 2003

Hello Rudi,
I talked with several people from KDE at the Linuxtag-conference in
Karlsruhe, Germany. Ralf Nolden suggested that I should organize the
recording of the speeches. According to my lack of knowledge of the
technology, I need some experts to organize it.

Ralf also meant that streaming should be no problem because the university
has large bandwidth. Is this true?

And about the hard- and software:
I think we need a good microphone and something to record. The recording
machine could be a laptop with which a connection to the internet could be
provided. (Also we need a direct connection i.e. a cable to the main
computer.) What things could the university of nove hrady provide us? What
else do we need?

If streaming is not possible, some suggested we could record the speeches
and do them on the homepage. Also video is not necessary,  audio seems to be
What Software do we need to record it? And which format is sufficient? Wave?
MP3? Who has the software and who can handle the software?

Best wishes

PS: If I do not answer directly: I am not allways in my office, so my
answers will take some time (days).

  Dipl. Soz. Andreas Brand
  Project electronic labourmarkets (PELM)
    / Projekt elektronische Arbeitsmärkte
  Johann W. v. Goethe Universität
    / Johann W. v. Goethe University
  Institut für Polytechnik und Arbeitslehre
    / Institute for polytechnic and laboursciences
  Robert-Mayer Str. 1 / FLAT: Zimmer 105 / Room 105
  Postadresse / for letters:
  D-60054 Frankfurt / Main
  Tel.:  +49-(0)69-798-28923; Fax: ~798-28233
  Email: A.Brand at