Registration

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Mon Apr 28 23:22:08 CEST 2003

Hi Jirka,

On Monday 28 April 2003 14:38, kosicek at greentech.cz wrote:
> Hi Eva,
>
> Quoting Eva Brucherseifer <eva at kde.org>:
> > Webregistration sounds good... What kind of system can you setup?
> > For our European participants we need to coordinate travel somehow (for
> > hiring
> > busses, getting group tickets etc.). Therefore we have the problem, that
> > people will need to sign on for e.g. a bus, but we don't know yet which
> > busses are cost-effective. So either we need to have some kind of
> > preregistration to estimate who needs when to travel or we let people
> > change
> >
> > their registration once the travel times of the busses are fixed.
> > What do you and the others think about that?
>
> There is no problem to install a net-registration. We have a prepared front
> end that we use for conferences. We can adapt this frontend for your
> purposes and place it on our web-sites (www.greentech.cz). We just need to
> know, which information exactly you want to collect (Name, Surname,
> Birthdate, Title of Poster or whatever)

That is great. I'll provide a list later this week.

> > The next question I have is, who will assign the rooms/meals. Will you
> > take care of that also? Do you have any information about prices?
> >
> > Thank you for your willingness to support us,
> > eva
>
> We can handle the rooms/meals. Infact we have blocked already for your
> event the capacities of our castle and the monastry 200m away. The actual
> prices are: Accomodation 150Kc/person/day (5Euro) in the castle,
> 250Kc/person/day (8,40Euro) in the Monastry. The food is for full pension
> (Breakfast, Lunch with coffee and cake afterwards, Dinner) 180 Kc/day
> (6Euro)
> Additionaly there are a couple of nice/better Appartments in the castle,
> that we normaly use for "higher" guest. On conferences these are often used
> for invited speakers etc., there the price ranges between
> 300-500Kc/person/day (10- 17Euro). Also there is a couple of pensions and
> hotels in the town, prices rank around 10 Euro/night.

This are pretty fair prices!

> Please let me know, if you want to couple the accomodation directly with
> the registration for the conference, or if we shall prepare an extra
> registration site (probably not everybody will stay the complete week, but
> only for the congress days).

I think, we don't have to split this. We can ask for the arrival and the
departure day as well as which events they want to take part in.

> What about the social program, do you want some trip to Krumlov or the
> Budweiser Brewery? Let me know in time.

This sounds like a good idea for the week after the conference. The conference
itself is rather short, so maybe we should not interrupt it. How long does a
visit to Budweiser or Krumlov take? (And what is Krumlov?)

Besides this I'd like to suggest a social event for saturday evening (during
the conference). Maybe some more special dinner, or barbecue if the wether is
fine... do you think you can arrange something like that?

Greetings,
eva