[Nepomuk] Code review of the user query parser developed during GSoC

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Fri Jan 31 11:20:31 UTC 2014

On Monday 27 January 2014 18:54:04 Denis Steckelmacher wrote:
> Hi,

Hey Denis

A little while ago, we decided to drop the Nepomuk project [1] and move away
from RDF. The new project is christened Baloo and and has a different API but
serves to provide the same functionality.

We will need to port the query parser to the Baloo Query API, which is quite
similar to the Nepomuk one. Additionally one would have to migrate all the RDF
and SPARQL queries.

Given that this is not exactly trivial and we're mainly focusing on shipping
Baloo for 4.13, the QueryParser is not a priority for us.

I would like to get it in at some point though.

> During the holidays, I wrote a new user query parser for Nepomuk as a
> Google Summer of Code project. The code is normally feature complete and
> lives in kde:nepomuk-core/steckdenis-gsoc2013.
>
> I didn't have much time for non-university work these last months, but I
> now have a week during which I can fix bugs in the parser and implement
> possible missing features. Is it possible for someone to review my
> branch ? Would it be possible to have it merged in time for KDE 4.13 ?
>
> By the way, I will be at the FOSDEM this weekend and I will not miss an
> occasion to personally say hello and thank any KDE developer I may
> encounter.

I'll be there at FOSDEM. I'm looking forward to meeting you and discussing
this in person :)

--
Vishesh Handa

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/nepomuk/2013-December/004858.html