[Nepomuk] Future Plans for the Nepomuk Query Parser

Denis Steckelmacher steckdenis at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 23 12:32:26 UTC 2013

On 07/22/2013 12:00 PM, Mario Fux KDE ML wrote:
> What's the status of other languages than english? Does your parser already
> work with French, German, etc.?`If not what's missing or needed?

The parser is language-agnostic. Patterns can be translated using normal
.po files. I will try to produce a French translation of the rules in
the coming days, in order to test whether the parser is really
language-agnostic.

> What about a search application for Nepomuk. Not inside Dolphin or krunner but
> a separate application with structured result display. But I think this is too
> much work for 8 weeks and probably not the right thing...

How do you imagine this application, and how does it differ from Dolphin
? Dolphin currently has a great interface and Nepomuk results don't have
structure (it is a list of items that match the query).