[Nepomuk] Future Plans for the Nepomuk Query Parser

Mario Fux KDE ML kde-ml at unormal.org
Wed Jul 24 14:54:02 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag 23 Juli 2013, 14.32:26 schrieb Denis Steckelmacher:

Morning Denis

> On 07/22/2013 12:00 PM, Mario Fux KDE ML wrote:
> > What's the status of other languages than english? Does your parser
> > already work with French, German, etc.?`If not what's missing or needed?
>
> The parser is language-agnostic. Patterns can be translated using normal
> .po files. I will try to produce a French translation of the rules in
> the coming days, in order to test whether the parser is really
> language-agnostic.

If you need a German version just ping ;-).

> > What about a search application for Nepomuk. Not inside Dolphin or
> > krunner but a separate application with structured result display. But I
> > think this is too much work for 8 weeks and probably not the right
> > thing...
>
> How do you imagine this application, and how does it differ from Dolphin
> ? Dolphin currently has a great interface and Nepomuk results don't have
> structure (it is a list of items that match the query).

Don't know if it really needs to be a separate application but a structured
view of the results would be nice (1st documents, 2nd emails, 3rd images). Bad
as I write this it doesn't seem to make sense anymore. If one types "image
tagged as important created two weeks ago" has just one type as result. So
forget my comment ;-).

Thx
Mario