[Nepomuk] Nepomuk Tags kioslave - Please Review

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu Nov 29 11:44:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM, David Faure <faure+bluesystems at kde.org>wrote:

> On Thursday 22 November 2012 00:24:12 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Dimecres, 21 de novembre de 2012, a les 16:15:01, David Faure va
> escriure:
> > > Moving from file: to tags:, rather.
> >
> > Right

> > > Not at that level. Apps should be able to call move and end up with a
> > > move.
> >
> > Even if that means destroying the file into hyperspace?
>
> Well, kioslaves were meant to be V*FS*. A file system doesn't lose files
> into
> hyperspace :)
>
> However we already have a number of settings for "this or that
> functionality
> isn't supported by this kioslave". Hmm, I wonder, what does tags:/ do in
> put()? Where does it "write the file", if it's only a virtual collection of
> stuff?
>
> If put() isn't supported, then moving (by get+put) won't be supported.
> Only copyFromFile would be possible, which is exactly what you need, isn't
> it?
>
> In other words, try not implementing put, if that makes sense, and let me
> know
> what doesn't work.
>
> > > But the fix is to let drag-n-drop trigger a copy rather than allowing
> the
> > > user to select "move". The quick fix for that is
> > > http://www.davidfaure.fr/2012/konq_operations.cpp.diff
> > > Which hardcodes the protocol name, but at least it gets the job done.

I've tried your patch. It only covers the case when the file is dragged and
dropped. It does not cover the case when the file is cut and paste. In that
case the file still gets lost.

> > > If we agree about this on principle, then the next step to make it
> generic
> > > could be to add another field in .protocol files, say
> > > forceDropAction=(copy|move)
> > > The fact that kio_trash needs forceDropAction=move shows that this
> might
> > > make sense, we already have two users for this setting.
> >
> > I guess that works for me, since apps won't probably ever call "move"
> into a
> > tags: url
>
> OK. But let's keep this solution under the arm for now, until we find out
> about
> put() above.

In the tags kioslave, get only works for url of the form -
tags:/TagName/FileUrl. In this case get simply uses the ForwardingSlaveBase
to forward it to the file kioslave. Put has not been implemented.

> --
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr

Vishesh Handa