[Nepomuk] Nepomuk Tags kioslave - Please Review

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Wed Nov 7 00:21:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Dimarts, 6 de novembre de 2012, a les 18:30:27, Albert Astals Cid va
> escriure:
> > El Dimarts, 6 de novembre de 2012, a les 18:17:29, Vishesh Handa va
> escriure:
> > > Ping?
> > >
> > > I'll be merging this on Thursday. I would appreciate it if somone could
> > > review the code.
> >
> > I'll have a look later today (based on my 0 knowledge of nepomuk &
> friends).
>
> Had a look to the code and to my knowledge it seems that it does not do any
> ultra silly thing, also it's a kioslave so people won't use it unless they
> want so in case it is horribly broken the "bad stuff" it can do it is
> pretty
> limited (just don't use the kioslave and done!)
>
> So i'd say go ahead.
>
> I'm curious with what you mean with "loosing"  in "You can move files into
> tag folder thereby effectively loosing them" though. Could you give some
> more
> info?

The file will be deleted. From what I understand KIO does moves by copy +
delete. The copy operation results in the corresponding tags being applied,
and the delete operation then deletes the file. The correct behaviour in
our case would be to either only allow copy operations or convert move
operations into copy operations.

We'll need to introduce some new kio flags to fix this. At least that's
what I understood from my discussion with David.

Vishesh Handa