[Nepomuk] Nepomuk Tags kioslave - Please Review

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Nov 7 00:30:16 UTC 2012

El Dimecres, 7 de novembre de 2012, a les 05:51:45, Vishesh Handa va escriure:
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El Dimarts, 6 de novembre de 2012, a les 18:30:27, Albert Astals Cid va
> >
> > escriure:
> > > El Dimarts, 6 de novembre de 2012, a les 18:17:29, Vishesh Handa va
> >
> > escriure:

> > > I'll have a look later today (based on my 0 knowledge of nepomuk &
> >
> > friends).
> >
> > Had a look to the code and to my knowledge it seems that it does not do
> > any
> > ultra silly thing, also it's a kioslave so people won't use it unless they
> > want so in case it is horribly broken the "bad stuff" it can do it is
> > pretty
> > limited (just don't use the kioslave and done!)
> >
> > So i'd say go ahead.
> >
> > I'm curious with what you mean with "loosing"  in "You can move files into
> > tag folder thereby effectively loosing them" though. Could you give some
> > more
> > info?
>
> The file will be deleted.

Ok, that's bad, i'm vetoing on that then. Deleting user files is the worst
thing ever, even if it is in a "exotic" kioslave.

> From what I understand KIO does moves by copy +
> delete.

That's not true, try moving a 4GB file to from a folder to another in the file:/
kioslave and you see that it actually "moves" the file, not copies and deletes
it (basically the operation is instantaneous instead of taking ages)

> The copy operation results in the corresponding tags being applied,
> and the delete operation then deletes the file. The correct behaviour in
> our case would be to either only allow copy operations or convert move
> operations into copy operations.

Why does the tags: kioslave even knows how to delete files? What's the point of
it? If i am using the tags: kioslave i would understand i'm just working on
tags and not on file content.

Cheers,
  Albert