[Nepomuk] OSCAF and music live and videoclips

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Thu Mar 22 13:24:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I want to add to Nepomuk information from my library of music videos, lives
and concerts and I wonder how I could do this.

This is the basic information for a music video stored in the file name:
[MV] Artist(s) - Song(s) (year).ext

so next relations are required:
nmm:performer (1-n)
nmm:musicPiece (1-n)

and the next properties:
nie:contentCreated

extra information, like album title, could be retrieved or stored following
nmm:performer or nmm:musicPiece. I don't know if there is a music video
with more than a song but there is no problem to have a n cardinality.

This is the basic information for a music live stored in the file name:
[LIVE] Artist(s) - Song(s) - Program - Date.ext

so next relations are required:
nmm:performer (1-n)
nmm:musicPiece (1-n)
nmm:tvshow (1-1)

extra information, like emission date must be stored in a nmm:TVShow
resource and a nmm:TVSeries resource must be created to.

This is the basic information for a concert stored in the file name:
[CONCERT] Artist(s) - Song(s) - Place - Date.ext

nmm:performer (1-n)
nmm:musicPiece (1-n)

and the next properties:
nie:contentCreated

and in this case I need a property to store the location and maybe more
things, I have over ten concerts so I have not thought much about this :).

There is other information relevant to me stored actually in tags, like if
performance is a cover or a special version or the country, but lets begin
with the basic.

The fact is seems like I need something like nmm:MusicLive, nmm:MusicVideo
and nmm:MusicConcert ontologies and I'm not sure if this changes are
possible.

--
Best wishes,
Ignacio