[Nepomuk] OSCAF and music live and videoclips

Sebastian Trüg sebastian at trueg.de
Thu Mar 22 17:59:00 UTC 2012

On 03/22/2012 02:24 PM, Ignacio Serantes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to add to Nepomuk information from my library of music videos,
> lives and concerts and I wonder how I could do this.
>
> This is the basic information for a music video stored in the file name:
> [MV] Artist(s) - Song(s) (year).ext
>
> so next relations are required:
> nmm:performer (1-n)

that we already have. but I suppose it would go on the actual nmm:MusicPiece

> nmm:musicPiece (1-n)

I imagine this would like a nmm:MusicPiece to the nmm:MusicVideo. Then I
think it should be a subPropertyOf nie:hasLogicalPart.

> and the next properties:
> nie:contentCreated

that we have

> extra information, like album title, could be retrieved or stored
> following nmm:performer or nmm:musicPiece. I don't know if there is a
> music video with more than a song but there is no problem to have a n
> cardinality.
>
> This is the basic information for a music live stored in the file name:
> [LIVE] Artist(s) - Song(s) - Program - Date.ext
>
> so next relations are required:
> nmm:performer (1-n)
> nmm:musicPiece (1-n)

the same as above I suppose.

> nmm:tvshow (1-1)

why tvshow?

> extra information, like emission date must be stored in a nmm:TVShow
> resource and a nmm:TVSeries resource must be created to.

what does live music have to do with tv shows?

What you would do is introduce a new type nmm:LiveMusicVideo or
something like that as a subclass of nfo:Video.

> This is the basic information for a concert stored in the file name:
> [CONCERT] Artist(s) - Song(s) - Place - Date.ext
>
> nmm:performer (1-n)
> nmm:musicPiece (1-n)
>
> and the next properties:
> nie:contentCreated
>
> and in this case I need a property to store the location and maybe more
> things, I have over ten concerts so I have not thought much about this :).

Should be fairly simple to add. Maybe it would make sense to again
introduce a new sub-type to nmm:MusicPiece to differentiate between
"normal" music files and concerts. The same is probably true for live
recordings (without video).

> There is other information relevant to me stored actually in tags, like
> if performance is a cover or a special version or the country, but lets
> begin with the basic.

interesting. Might make sense to look at the last.fm ontology here.

> The fact is seems like I need something like nmm:MusicLive,
> nmm:MusicVideo and nmm:MusicConcert ontologies and I'm not sure if this
> changes are possible.

sure they are. We can always add stuff that makes sense. :)