[Nepomuk] Adding metadata in the "Save As" Dialog

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 08:56:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right list to post, so my apologies if it
is the wrong one, and  would be glad if you could point me to the
appropriate mailing list.

I was wondering if we can make it possible to add the nepomuk metadata
to KDE files directly from the save as dialog box. That way, whenever I
download the application, I can do all the things right then and there
and would not have to open the folder and then add the data separately
after downloading.

Sometimes, the downloading takes a long time and by the time it is
finished, you might be doing something else. Or many times, you might be
downloading a string of files at once and then after downloading, it is
difficult to remember which file was supposed to be added with which data.

The second thing is, whenever I try to add tags, there is no search tag
functionality. If I have around 68 tags, it becomes difficult to keep
track of them and in that sense, a search functionality (which does not
distinguish between capital and small letters and special symbols) can
be useful to promote reuse of tags and help prevent creating separate
tags like "Nanotransitors" "nanotransistors" "nano-transistors" .

Thank you for your patience and time.

--
Cheers and Regards
Jayesh Badwaik