[Nepomuk] Adding metadata in the "Save As" Dialog

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Tue Jun 19 09:06:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Jayesh Badwaik <jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is the right list to post, so my apologies if it
> is the wrong one, and  would be glad if you could point me to the
> appropriate mailing list.
>
> I was wondering if we can make it possible to add the nepomuk metadata
> to KDE files directly from the save as dialog box. That way, whenever I
> download the application, I can do all the things right then and there
> and would not have to open the folder and then add the data separately
> after downloading.
>
> Something like these
http://trueg.wordpress.com/2011/09/09/semantic-save-mockups-are-easy/? You
could obtain more info reading the blog entries.

> Sometimes, the downloading takes a long time and by the time it is
> finished, you might be doing something else. Or many times, you might be
> downloading a string of files at once and then after downloading, it is
> difficult to remember which file was supposed to be added with which data.
>
> The second thing is, whenever I try to add tags, there is no search tag
> functionality. If I have around 68 tags, it becomes difficult to keep
> track of them and in that sense, a search functionality (which does not
> distinguish between capital and small letters and special symbols) can
> be useful to promote reuse of tags and help prevent creating separate
> tags like "Nanotransitors" "nanotransistors" "nano-transistors" .

Try Nepoogle, http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Nepoogle?content=145505,
supports regular expressions and there is no problems searching for several
terms. By the way, I have over 180 tags.

> Thank you for your patience and time.
>
> --
> Cheers and Regards
> Jayesh Badwaik
> stop html mail      | always bottom-post
> www.asciiribbon.org | www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Best wishes,
Ignacio