[Nepomuk] First time Hello / Conquirere research tool / BibTeX ontology

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Mon Sep 19 07:50:11 UTC 2011

Hi Joerg,

looks much better already. Some further comments nonetheless:

* BibResource could be something more generic to denote the base class
for anything that can be published on paper without making reference to
bibtex. Maybe PrintMediaPublication or something like that which does
not include the term "print".

* nbib:abstract could be moved to NIE maybe. Basically anything could
have an abstract, right?

* publicationDate should also be moved to NIE with a domain of
nie:InformationElement. After all other things than print media can be
published.

* nbib:Journal as a sub-class to nco:Contact does not seem right to me
after all. IMHO there should be an instance for each single issue of one
journal. Otherwise it is hard to fit them into the rest of the
publications (one issue is one publication). I would rather imagine a
Journal as a sub-class to Collection which can then contain several
Articles (using nie:hasLogicalPart or a sub-property I suppose).
Maybe call it Journal and JournalIssue where the latter is a sub-class
to Collection.

* what exactly is Incollection?

* nbib:Misc - IMHO just using the base type would be sufficient instead.

* Is there some relationship between a series and a Journal which
justifies a common base class?

* nbib:bibresourceType: can be removed as you would simply use rdf:type.

* nbib:citeKey: what is this required for? Only for mapping back to
plain bibtex?

* nbib:crossref: I think I get this now. it is a citation in the
resource to another resource, right?

* nbib:hasChapter: a property cannot be a logical part of something. The
property could be a sub-property of nie:hasLogicalPart though. But then
I am certain there can be more than one chapter. :P

* The organization: pimo:Role is not what I meant actually. I meant the
very confusing concept of nco roles. Let me try to fit that together:

We would have one nco:OrganizationContact for the organization. This
would be related via nco:org from an nco:Affiliation which in turn would
be the nco:affiliation of the publisher nco:[Person]Contact.

Yes, I think that is it. To verify please check [1].

Very minor nitpicking: please use CamelCase for all entity names.
Example: nbib:BachelorThesis.

As for the ticket: yes, please create a ticket already. You can use
"new-ontology" as the component. The extensions to nco and nie I
mentioned should be created as separate tickets.
We can continue the discussion there and hope that more will take part.

[1] http://oscaf.sourceforge.net/nco.html#nco:sec-description