[Nepomuk] First time Hello / Conquirere research tool / BibTeX ontology

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Sun Sep 18 10:57:27 UTC 2011

forwarding to mailing list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Nepomuk] First time Hello / Conquirere research tool /
BibTeX ontology
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:48:39 +0200
From: Mario Fux <kde-ml at unormal.org>
To: Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org>

Am Sonntag 18 September 2011, 09.31:49 schrieb Sebastian Trüg:
> Hi Joerg,

[snip]

> > What I have added is a new ontology [2] that maps the BibTeX (and some
> > more) information to Nepomuk, allow to change every field easily and
> > also to export all project documents to a BibTeX .bib file.
> >
> > I've seen there was a discussion about this ontology/KBibTeX integration
> > a while ago. The last message said, the best way to talk about this
> > topic is over some actual source code.
> > So here we go :)
>
> The ontology is a very good start already. I of coursde have a lot of
> comments (I always do). And after having looked at it I feel it is best
> to start with a general comment:
> When designing an ontology you should not try to create a 1-to-1 mapping
> but instead try to design the ontology the way things actually are. Wow,
> there is a weird sentence nobody can understand. :P
> What I mean is that instead of storing the journal as a string, you
> store it as a resource which has a name and can even have an address and
> so on.

Just a thought and link which could be useful.
http://ontoware.org/swrc/

"The SWRC (Semantic Web for Research Communities) is an ontology for
modeling
entities of research communities such as persons, organisations,
publications
(bibliographic metadata) and their relationships."

I don't know if it's the right thing for your stuff or could just be an
inspiration.

griits
Mario