[Nepomuk] First time Hello / Conquirere research tool / BibTeX ontology

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Sun Sep 18 10:57:27 UTC 2011

forwarding to mailing list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Nepomuk] First time Hello / Conquirere research tool /
BibTeX ontology
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:48:39 +0200
From: Mario Fux <kde-ml at unormal.org>
To: Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org>

Am Sonntag 18 September 2011, 09.31:49 schrieb Sebastian Trüg:
> Hi Joerg,

> > What I have added is a new ontology [2] that maps the BibTeX (and some
> > more) information to Nepomuk, allow to change every field easily and
> > also to export all project documents to a BibTeX .bib file.
> >
> > I've seen there was a discussion about this ontology/KBibTeX integration
> > a while ago. The last message said, the best way to talk about this
> > topic is over some actual source code.
> > So here we go :)
> The ontology is a very good start already. I of coursde have a lot of
> comments (I always do). And after having looked at it I feel it is best
> to start with a general comment:
> When designing an ontology you should not try to create a 1-to-1 mapping
> but instead try to design the ontology the way things actually are. Wow,
> there is a weird sentence nobody can understand. :P
> What I mean is that instead of storing the journal as a string, you
> store it as a resource which has a name and can even have an address and
> so on.

Just a thought and link which could be useful.

"The SWRC (Semantic Web for Research Communities) is an ontology for
entities of research communities such as persons, organisations,
(bibliographic metadata) and their relationships."

I don't know if it's the right thing for your stuff or could just be an