[Nepomuk] Loads of Questions

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:17:25 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 12:02 PM, Artem Serebriyskiy wrote:
>> optional properties are properties that contribute to the actul score if
>> they match, but their absence or mismatch don't decrease the actual store
>
> yes.
>
>> Sebastian, why do you prefer KUrl over QUrl ?
>
> It is a common guideline in KDE to prefer the KDE class over the Qt one.
> In addition to that KUrl's constructor can handle encoded URIs and
> KUrl::url() gives us the encoded URI as a QString. With QUrl we would
> have to:
>
> QString s = QString::fromAscii( url.toEncoded() );
> QUrl u = QUrl::fromEncoded( s.toAscii() );
>
> which looks ugly.
> With KUrl this becomes:
>
> QString s = url.url();
> KUrl u( s );
>
> nice and simple. :)
Surely the Soprano part of Nepomuk/Soprano would be the one doing the
most with URIs? Are you intending to keep Soprano Qt only? I assume
that because KUrl only adds behaviour to QUrl and not extra instance
variables or virtual methods it should be possible to cast back and
forth between them - is that right?

-- Richard