[Nepomuk] Re: nepomuk & gnome & firefox

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:46:17 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:
> while you can this is pointless when it comes to compatibility between
> Gnome and KDE. Nepomuk in KDE uses named graphs to store data and
> metadata about the data. This is not supported by Tracker. Thus, your
> QSparql code would have to support two cases: Tracker and Nepomuk.
> Putting that into the service directly makes way more sense.
I'm not clear what you mean here. I need to study how KDE Nepomuk uses
named graphs in order to think about how we can make Tracker and KDE
Nepomuk services inter-operate. How would we 'put that into a service
directly' without doing some sort of conversion between Nepomuk's
named graphs and Tracker's more flat triple based data? The Tracker
team do have plans to add better named graph support in the future,
and so if both projects can discuss how KDE Nepomuk is using named
graphs it would be pretty useful imho.

-- Richard