[Nepomuk] [Plasma Media Center] meeting planning

Alessandro Diaferia alediaferia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 14:29:24 CEST 2010

Hello list,
first of all i'd like to thank all of you for the hints you gave me.

I feel it's time for the first PMC meeting as I've just detected some new
priorities to take care of.
I took the freedom to cross-post as such projects are involved in PMC or
will get involved soon.

So please, anybody interested in PMC, just point out which part of the day
and which day is more suitable for you.
I'd like this meeting to happen the 12th, 13th or the 14th of June in
particular. From 6.00AM to 4.00PM UTC is my preferred range.

For those who don't know we'll meet in the #plasma-mediacenter channel :)

Please add your name and IRC nick together with your preferences so we can
try to make everybody happy.

What the meeting will be about follows:

* Porting of input handling in PMC to QGesture in order to unify different
kind of inputs under the same action type
* Porting of the browsing backends to nepomuk. In particular a generic
NepomukMediaFileModel might be an interesting challenge.
* MediaBrowser backends API review
* Qt Declarative integration for the home screen of PMC.
* Phonon + Video issues addressing (through KWin plugin idea by Aaron?)

In addition to those points there's also need for Docs + API review in
general and performance fixes.

I'm currently taking care of porting the browsing part to Nepomuk and
eventual hints on how to show detailed information about the Media files is
appreciated.
IIRC Christopher Blauvelt is taking care of experimenting with Qt
Declarative.

If somebody is interested in taking care of one of the (still?) orphan
points i'd be really really happy.

More info at: http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Plasma_Media_Center

Thank you for your attention.
Regards.

P.S.: To: other PMC devs: please add missing points i eventually forgot to
mention :)

--
Alessandro Diaferia
KDE Developer