[Nepomuk] Queries not working as expected

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Mon Jun 7 16:27:09 CEST 2010

On 06/07/2010 04:01 PM, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> Hey Sebastian
>
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org
> <mailto:trueg at kde.org>> wrote:
>
>     This is totally normal since we have no proper inference support yet. So
>     please please just do as I say and use the query api. ;)
>

> You have finally given me a reason to use the query API. :) Isn't
> inference something the backend should provide?

yes it is. And Virtuoso has inference. But it is not enabled yet since
that is not totally trivial to do within the boundaries of Soprano.
Thus, we are using crappy inference for now which creates subClassOf and
subPropertyOf triples for all classes and properties including A
subClassOf A. That way we can at least do this:

?r a ?t . ?t rdfs:subClassOf <theTypeIWant> .

and it gets all resources of the wanted type or any of its subtypes.