[Nepomuk] Strigi filter syntax

Sebastian Trueg trueg at kde.org
Mon Aug 23 20:00:09 CEST 2010

On 08/23/2010 05:01 PM, Arie Peterson wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:46:48 +0200, Sebastian Trueg <trueg at kde.org>
> wrote:
>> Did you try simply "_darcs"?
>
> I had not; it works. Thanks :-).
>
> It is nice to see the query results being updated live, as the indexer
> reindexes everything.

:)

> On a different note, when searching for "_darcs" (in the Dolphin search
> bar), I also get results containing only "darcs". This is intentional, I
> suppose? I'm not saying I disapprove, but it would be nice to have a
> description somewhere of the interpretation of the search string.
> (Perhaps there is a way to specify that one wants exact results only?)

actually the search words that are used for full text search are
normalized by the Virtuoso search engine. So far we cannot change that
without changing the Virtuoso source code. But the topic is already
under discussion.

>> Is _darcs a special build system folder which should be excluded by
>> default? If so, I will add it to the list of defaults.
>
> It is the storage directory of the distributed version control system
> Darcs (compare .git for git). I personally choose to exclude it from
> searches, because otherwise one gets a lot of duplicates.
>
> This may not be what everyone wants, though: perhaps what someone is
> looking for is contained in an older or alternative version of a file;
> then this filter will exclude it. (On the other hand, in this scenario
> the search will find the particular patch that contains the wanted text,
> and one would have to go to some trouble to reconstruct the/a complete
> file from this patch.)

Well, since the exclude .svn and .git by default it would make sense to
exclude _darcs by default, too.