[Nepomuk] Strigi filter syntax

Arie Peterson ariep at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 23 17:01:54 CEST 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:46:48 +0200, Sebastian Trueg <trueg at kde.org>
wrote:
> Did you try simply "_darcs"?

I had not; it works. Thanks :-).

It is nice to see the query results being updated live, as the indexer
reindexes everything.

On a different note, when searching for "_darcs" (in the Dolphin search
bar), I also get results containing only "darcs". This is intentional, I
suppose? I'm not saying I disapprove, but it would be nice to have a
description somewhere of the interpretation of the search string.
(Perhaps there is a way to specify that one wants exact results only?)

> Is _darcs a special build system folder which should be excluded by
> default? If so, I will add it to the list of defaults.

It is the storage directory of the distributed version control system
Darcs (compare .git for git). I personally choose to exclude it from
searches, because otherwise one gets a lot of duplicates.

This may not be what everyone wants, though: perhaps what someone is
looking for is contained in an older or alternative version of a file;
then this filter will exclude it. (On the other hand, in this scenario
the search will find the particular patch that contains the wanted text,
and one would have to go to some trouble to reconstruct the/a complete
file from this patch.)

Kind regards,

Arie