[Nepomuk] Formatting property values for Dolphin side-panel

Maarten Hermans maarten.hermans at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 19:12:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am struggling with the use case described in this older blogpost by
Sebastian Trüg:

[[
... the values can be literals such as strings or integers or doubles
but they can also be other resources. We do not want to display
resource URIs to the user. The formatValue call triggers an
experimental lib which uses formatting rules to convert resources into
strings. An example: a person resource has firstName and lastName
properties. The rule would then state that they are to be combined to
build the label.
]] http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3843

The described formatValue() seems to be what I am looking for
(displaying names and titles of resources associated with the file in
Dolphin), but I cannot locate the call (not in the PyKDE bindings I'm
using, nor in the original API as far as I can see).

What is the recommended approach to do this (esp. in a OpenSuse 11.3
install [Qt: 4.6.3, KDE 4.4.4])? Is it doable using the bindings?

cheers,

Maarten