KDE Neon / Freecad

Bernhard Schiffner bernhard.schiffner at gmx.net
Sat Oct 24 15:24:05 BST 2020

I'am aware that other software is not directly useable from Ubuntu because of Qt related problems.
Most software is quite easy to recompile (even package) yourself.
But I'am in favour to have some or all qt-related libs distributed by Neon.

To make Freecad running with Ubuntu 18.04 based Neon I had "only" to recompile qtdeclarative and python3-pyside2. After doing so (took some time, was huge)  the Ubuntufreecad packet and  this from ppa was installable.
On Neon of 20.04 the problems start with a missing libqt5scxml5 and the Debian/Ubuntu packets use older versions of and/or compile against older Qt.

Clearly Neon does not claim to be a distribution but with its (in my opinion) widespread use now it should take a little bit more care of "colateral damages".

Is there any hint how to proceed (for the moment) with the  libqt5scxml5 problem?

Thanks!
Bernhard