KDE Neon / Freecad

David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Sat Oct 24 13:44:46 BST 2020

On Saturday, October 24, 2020 10:48:34 AM CEST Bernhard Schiffner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> simply put: I want to use Freecad. But I can't do this under KDE Neon.
>
> Freecad makes use of Qt and Qt-Python bindings and is packaged in Ubuntu
> 20.04 against their stuff which collides with Neon. So you have to built it
> from sources. But this is not easy or even impossible (for me) at the
> moment.

Yes, I had this problem too. With lots of patience, I managed to build
FreeCAD, but with many features disabled.

At some time, one of FreeCAD’s own appimages worked. Maybe you could look for
some of these appimages, and one of them works on your system. In my case, the
appimage was apparently for Qt 5.9, but for an unknown reason it mostly worked
on my Qt 5.12.