KDE neon installation/liveCD - X not starting

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Sat Dec 16 11:49:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm currently trying to install KDE neon on a couple of battered Dell
Optiplex 330 PCs. The hardware is roughly ten years old, but I've
successfully installed CentOS 7 64-bit + KDE 4.14 (graphic effects
enabled) as well as various other distributions on it, as well as
(plain) Ubuntu 16.04. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble with KDE neon.

Installation DVD boots OK, startup is also OK, but unfortunately X fails
to start. All I get is a flickering console login prompt.

Here's the hardware:

  # lspci | grep -i vga
  00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31
  Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0a)

Any suggestions?

Niki Kovacs
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr