Ministro 9.6.8 Invalid Qt version - Qt 4.8.2

larivcl larivcl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 14:46:08 UTC 2014

Hello Bogdan, all

Bogdan, thank you for your answer, I have some additional informations

Houdini does not work as a simulator but uses the binary code translation,
the performance loss is minimized.

Please see :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13005303/how-does-native-android-code-written-for-arm-run-on-x86

I did some additional testing.

Please don't do that, it's only for testing purpose !

I have two rooted devices, one with an arm processor and the other with an
intel atom, my applications work on the arm device with the Necessitas
version, and I have ported them on Qt5.2.
After a Ministro fresh install on the atom device, I copied the directories
"dl" and "xml" of org.kde.necessitas.ministro/files from the arm to the
atom device and installed my Necessitas based apps . Everything works well
with arm libs, fluidity is quite comparable.
After deploying Qt5.2 "Elastic nodes" example with the x86 kit and Ministro
option,  Qt5 x86 libs were downloaded. The example works with the same
fluidity with Qt5.2 or Necessitas.
In the directory org.kde.necessitas.ministro a second directory "1" has
been created, containing Qt5 libs.
I think that no confusion can be made between Necessitas and Qt5 libs as
they don't have the same name.
The application's speed is only slightly affected by Houdini.

So if an application requires necessitas libs (4.x) and Android indicates
two processors (x86 and ARMv7), it would be possible to download the
Necessitas armv7, Qt5 based applications will always use Qt5 libs.

It could be very interesting to allow Necessitas compatibility for x86
devices with Houdini arm code translation.

Regards,

Claude