Ministro update: "Found new Qt libraries, tap to update"

Tomas Løvbukten tomaslov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 21:01:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

Today, all our Android devices recieved the message Android status bar
message: Ministro update: "Found new Qt libraries, tap to update".

After tapping the message, Ministro re-downloaded all Qt libraries (25 Mb
for our app).

I have some questions regarding this.

1. Are you aware of that this has happened?
2. As this happened to all our devices, in addition to some user reports
today, I assume that this has been the case for all Ministro users. Was
this intended?
3. Was this a planned update of the libs? If so, was there any information
given on beforehand that this would happen to all our users?
4. Our support department got some reports from users that tapped the
Minstro message, but the download was interrupted (probably bad mobile
connection for 25 Mb download). As the libs were not completely downloaded,
our app could not be run anymore. As this is a business-critical production
app with thousands of users, it's important for us to be able to foresee
these kind of updates.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Tomas