Necessitas is NOT ... (consolidating infrastructure)

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:20:22 UTC 2012

Am 18.03.2012 09:52 schrieb "BogDan" <bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Actually we are using almost all KDE services:
> - wiki (the development plan is there), the lack of man power prevent us
to move everything to kde wiki from the beginning. Now is a little bit
difficult to shutdown sf.net and google code. because a lot of people get
used with them.
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/mobile/necessitas)
> - mailing list, necessitas primary development is necessitas-devel,
android-qt is a general mailing list which can not be shutdown because it
has a lot of members. IMHO is better how it is because necessitas-devel is
low traffic where the developer can track all the threads.
> - dot.kde.org - we are already using it, search for necessitas on it !
> - forums - I'm ok with forums.
> - planetkde.org - as you may seen, I'm not a great talker and I don't
have a blog, but it will be great if someone else can do this job !

>   Personally I like bugzilla very much, the problem is that it is to
complicated for a normal user. I really tried to move bugtracker to kde but
I received a lot of negative feedback e.g. why do I have to create another
account there (sf.net can use openid), why do I have to tell you if my
distro is rpm or deb based, or if I install it from sources, etc. You see
these questions are not useful for necessitas project, and I don't know if
KDE sysadmins can remove them *ONLY* for Necessitas project

> "and not just have a cheap download server" sound like we take advantage
of KDE, which is not the case !

It's perfectly Ok to just use the download server! I just would like to
have everything at one place, like most other kde projects do.

> KDE e.v. owns the copyright for *ALL* *MY* code that is hosted on their
servers !
I doubt that. Usually you just give KDE eV the right to release your code
under a later (L)GPL version, and the developers still have their own
copyright on it.

Niko