Necessitas is NOT ... (consolidating infrastructure)

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 08:52:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

Actually we are using almost all KDE services:
- wiki (the development plan is there), the lack of man power prevent us to move everything to kde wiki from the beginning. Now is a little bit difficult to shutdown sf.net and google code. because a lot of people get used with them.
- project page (redmine) we are already using it (https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/mobile/necessitas)
- mailing list, necessitas primary development is necessitas-devel, android-qt is a general mailing list which can not be shutdown because it has a lot of members. IMHO is better how it is because necessitas-devel is low traffic where the developer can track all the threads.
- dot.kde.org - we are already using it, search for necessitas on it !
- forums - I'm ok with forums.
- planetkde.org - as you may seen, I'm not a great talker and I don't have a blog, but it will be great if someone else can do this job !

  Personally I like bugzilla very much, the problem is that it is to complicated for a normal user. I really tried to move bugtracker to kde but I received a lot of negative feedback e.g. why do I have to create another account there (sf.net can use openid), why do I have to tell you if my distro is rpm or deb based, or if I install it from sources, etc. You see these questions are not useful for necessitas project, and I don't know if KDE sysadmins can remove them *ONLY* for Necessitas project.

"and not just have a cheap download server" sound like we take advantage of KDE, which is not the case !

KDE e.v. owns the copyright for *ALL* *MY* code that is hosted on their servers !

Cheers,
BogDan.
Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android