No subject

Ray Donnelly mingw.android at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:42:52 UTC 2012

This discussion was happening on Qt Android list but this is a better
place for it.

http://groups.google.com/group/android-qt/browse_thread/thread/454108ac645cd62e

Willy Gardiol asked:

> Meanwhile, how many people are actually coding for Necessitas apart from BogoDan and few others? More should join i guess :) or i am just hoping :)

Well there's (at a guess) about 6 people who do bits and pieces.
BogDan will know the exact details.

I just handle Mac and Windows builds and our own version of the ndk
toolchains, I'd like to help out more on the Qt side but I'm basically
a novice with Qt still, plus, I've fallen behind on ndk work anyway.

Marco Bernasocchi asked:

> Same here... what are the aread that need most help?

Check community.kde.org/Necessitas for the latest todo.

On the build side of things, there's things like qbs
(http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2012/02/15/introducing-qbs/) to investigate
- building Qt Android for 3 variants takes a long time, qbs should
help, and/or using something like Suse OBS to handle Mac and Windows
builds. I've been working on making good Mac cross compilers that run
on Linux on and off this last while and they're very nearly ready, so
investigating getting Qt to cross compile on Liux targeting Mac is on
my list (cross compiling for MinGW is, AFAIK already possible). Having
a continuous integration system that automatically builds packages
when certain git repo branches are pushed to would be ideal. I think.

There's also tasks like updating to the latest Qt Creator, we've
fallen behind there a good bit.

BogDan will know what the latest is with the Qt Android stuff.

Cheers,

Ray.