multimedia support techniques and other questions...

Luca Santini luca.santini at spesonline.com
Mon Jul 30 08:18:21 UTC 2012

Hi all,

i'm moving my first steps with qt-android (using pre-cooked
necessitas-0.3-online-sdk-installer-linux).
My need is to port an already existent app (for embedded systems) coded
in C++ and QtQuick QML, that needs support for audio/video/camera
reproduction.
With some mods and cuts, I succeded and currently have it run under
android, cool!!!

My questions:

- my app is totally keyboard driven; but currently i need to touch the
display to make my app get focus; only after i can use keyboard... is
there a way to force focus to my app?
- i need camera support (don't need to record, only to show at 25fps)
and accellerated multimedia (mp4,mp4,avi etc) playback... i read
QtMultimediaKit is not currently supported... can anyone introduce me to
the avaiable techniques and workaround to obtain this?

thank you everybody and regards,
Luca