multimedia support techniques and other questions...

Alberto Panizzo alberto at amarulasolutions.com
Mon Jul 30 08:35:45 UTC 2012

On 07/30/2012 10:18 AM, Luca Santini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm moving my first steps with qt-android (using pre-cooked
> necessitas-0.3-online-sdk-installer-linux).
> My need is to port an already existent app (for embedded systems) coded
> in C++ and QtQuick QML, that needs support for audio/video/camera
> reproduction.
> With some mods and cuts, I succeded and currently have it run under
> android, cool!!!
>
> My questions:
>
> - my app is totally keyboard driven; but currently i need to touch the
> display to make my app get focus; only after i can use keyboard... is
> there a way to force focus to my app?

What do you mean? to launch the application? to make the soft-keyboard
come up? to enable an hardware keyboard input?

> - i need camera support (don't need to record, only to show at 25fps)
> and accellerated multimedia (mp4,mp4,avi etc) playback... i read
> QtMultimediaKit is not currently supported... can anyone introduce me to
> the avaiable techniques and workaround to obtain this?

Till now the workaround is to use directly /dev/video0 or whatever
video source you have.. you can do directly v4l or you can use
gstreamer/ffmpeg to get the video frames to show on screen or encode
videos..
In this case you need to add gstreamer/ffmpeg as libraries in your
application.

Remember to add the correct Android permission! (like USE_CAMERA)
otherwise your application will not be able to open the video source
in a standard Android device.

Good luck! I'll have to manage the same in a while..
Alberto