Plz Help or Comment- My Efforts trying to Bundle Qt Libs in APK

Nalin Savara nsnsns at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 09:46:15 UTC 2012

Dear All,

I followed the How-to: create a standalone app that doesn't need
ministro<https://groups.google.com/d/topic/android-qt/as1zbWzPahw/discussion>
 .
I uploaded what I made here (Click)<http://dstech.in/ppl/andro/tgf-for-zip.zip>
.

*My Problem:* it is saying " ClassNotFoundException" for class:
org.kde.necessitas.industrius.

All: *Please atleast download and run  Qt project in ZIP file*... even if
you're not expert... maybe *your comments/questions will help*.
Also, dont worry... *it's totally safe*... and wont risk OR affect your
system (emulator) OR phone...

*(A) What did I do ?*
My Starting Point: I made Test Project-- which shows only a button---
changed as per tutorial.

After that; I made the following changes:-

1. Used TortoiseMerge to diff and merge QtActivity.java with latest
QtActivity- and *bugfixed many compile errors* (due to changes in
underlying framework).

2. Added lots of *logging code to CopyResources.java --> also fixed some
log messages* like saying "successful in copying..."--> even when a
exception is caught.
3. Figured out about and added the resource's / Qt Libs ; Ministro etc in
appropriate folders.

*(B) My questions:-*

*Ques (1)* But, it is still not loading QtIndustrius... saying "
ClassNotFoundException" for class:
org.kde.necessitas.industrius.QtActivityDelegate ."
How to remove this error ?
No matter what I do it gives this error.

*Ques (2)*  It shows a non-fatal error---> exception caught; regarding:
"W/System.err(  579): error copying file:qt
W/System.err(  579): java.io.FileNotFoundException: qt"

Is this ok ? OR is this actually something I need to change ?

*Ques (3)* At one point I assumed that maybe it expects files to be copied
to a directory called "qt"-- created by us-->> and added some code for
that--> which is not commented.
What exactly is the significance of copyAssetGroup(..., "qt") in file:
QtActivity.java ???

exact line:

copyer.copyAssetsGroup(filesDir, "qt"); //"");

Right now, there's a function I added (included in code in ZIP
file)... called "mkQtDir"-->> which creates a folder called qt...
because I assumed that it gets something called a local prefix called
"qt"-->>

so we need to create a qt folder into which certain files are
stored/copied--- as this will be the search location for qt
libraries... but not sure.

Other questions:---

*Ques(4)* 1. Nowhere mentioned about orayta dir... where assets are
expected... seen source code and done.
I assume this is just a name... and nothing sacred OR hard-coded... about
word "Orayta" .

will really appreciate your help... even your comments and questions...

Thank you and Best Regards,

Nalin
ps: I will someday write a tutorial about this... and am happy to credit
all who help me as co-authors...