More patches

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at nokia.com
Tue Sep 13 18:02:38 UTC 2011

> I need your help to understand source mapping mechanism, now it seem you
> can't set its values from within sdk installer because it uses local users
> settings and AFAIK the SDK installer can't set those settings, the problem
> is we need (and use) those settings with Necessitas SDK, we ship the libs
> compile also with debug information, so, the user only needs to install qt
> sources and it can step into qt sources, it help a lot us because qt for
> android is not very stable. Should I/you rewrite that part ?

First thing: The Nokia Qt SDK does not ship debug symbols for qt, as such in
the Nokia Qt SDK, you can't actually see the qt sources. (Don't ask me why.)

There is code in Creator which should help setting that up.

1.) The Debugger plugin reads a source mapping from the settings in
 GlobalDebuggerOptions::fromSettings()

2.) Those settings can come from the SystemScope

3.) The SystemScope .ini file is actually in $QTCCREATOR/share/
see line 238 in src/app/main.cpp

So the Android installer should write a qtcreator.ini in share/ with the right
settings format. And then it should work. :)

daniel