Thoughts on Java files and forward compatibility?

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 11:20:41 CEST 2011

Hi Robert,

[...]
> @Lauri: Please don't do this 'precompiled hard-coded Java class byte
> array' thing. That is going to hurt us plenty. You can still start
> implementing your stuff right now with the current scheme. The actual
> moving of the existing classes to the new scheme is not so difficult
> once the infrastructure is in place. In the current scheme your
> bluetooth Java classes will be part of the application - later on
> they'll belong to a particular Qt port. So you do not have to worry
> about compatibility at all.

Actually is approximately the same thing as we've discuss, the only difference
is how you load those classes, you load them from java part or from c/c++ part.
IMHO it will be more efficient that a class to be loaded on demand by
its own C/C++ module, but as I said, it is too god to be true :)

So, 'precompiled hard-coded Java class byte array' means you'll bundle your
java binary (.class, .dex) into your c/c++ .so file, instead to bundle it to
an apk, or jar file.

Of course we still need to design a new very simple and stable architecture,
no matter which approach we'll choose/use !

> Regards,
> Robert

Cheers,
BogDan.