A little bit of help with git

Frameworks frameworks at qlands.com
Tue Jun 14 10:53:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am in a muddle with git and how is the best way to suggest and commit
changes. Can anyone help me with a minimalist crash course? Lets say
that I want to collaborate with Android QT Creator. So what I did was:

1. Create an account and clone /android-qt-creator/ into my account in
what is called now /qlandss-android-qt-creator/
2. I can see that my clone also has branches like stable, testing, etc.
3. I created a repositories directory in my linux and executed /git
clone git://gitorious.org/~qlands/qt-creator/qlandss-android-qt-creator.git/

Now comes the questions:

1. What do I need to do now so I can start applying changes in the
testing branch?
2. Having point 1 resolved and I did some changes in the code, what do I
need to do to commit them to the remote repository?
3. I guess when I have tested the changes I can ask for a merge. Is this
correct?
3. What other issues do I need to consider?

Many thanks,
Carlos.