A little bit of help with git

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 20:05:33 CEST 2011

Hi Carlo,

Because you didn't accept Nokia's contributors agreement, all your work must come via gitorious merge request mechanism.
Steps:
1. Clone repository (click on "Clone repository").
2. Push your changes to your clone.
3. Create a merge request (click on ."Request merge" button").
4. Send a mail to this list ! Gitorious don't send any mail to me when somebody creates a merge request !
5. Wait for me or someone else to merge your request.

Cheers,
Bogdan.

>________________________________

changes. Can anyone help me with a minimalist crash course? Lets say
that I want to collaborate with Android QT Creator. So what I did was:

>1. Create an account and clone android-qt-creator into my
account in what is called now qlandss-android-qt-creator
>2. I can see that my clone also has branches like stable, testing, etc.
>3. I created a repositories directory in my linux and executed git
clone
git://gitorious.org/~qlands/qt-creator/qlandss-android-qt-creator.git

>Now comes the questions:
>
>1. What do I need to do now so I can start applying changes in the
testing branch?
>2. Having point 1 resolved and I did some changes in the code, what do
I need to do to commit them to the remote repository?