Thoughts on Java files and forward compatibility?

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 11:29:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Hi
>
> BogDan, you were right, it was too good to be true. DefineClass from
> byte array is not implemented on Android.

:)

>> I might be behind in the discussion but what's wrong in putting a .jar
> file along with the Qt .so files? There is a way to create .jar file
> with a .dex files inside and load it runtime using
> http://developer.android.com/reference/dalvik/system/DexClassLoader.html
> from Qt libraries - loading works, I have tried it. I can share some
> code also if you are interested.

Is nothing wrong to ship two files :)

I know that class, the "problem" now is to redesign the current Java part :)
Because the java which will be shipped with your application should be
VERY small and VERY stable, it should only search for Ministro and create
the main activity. The rest of java should be loaded from Ministro's repository.

> Regards
> Lauri

Cheers,
BogDan.