[MassifVisualizer] Re: Few problems

Tomasz Melcer liori at exroot.org
Tue Jan 4 13:41:49 CET 2011

On 03.01.2011 19:11, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Tomasz Melcer, 03.01.2011:
>> Firstly I tried to open a massif output file using File->Open, but the
>> dialog window did not display any of them. I managed to open it only
>> when I started typing `massif.` in the text field below.
>
> Try running kbuildsycoca4 - does that change things? Might be a problem with
> the custom mime type. I should probably add a "all files" option to the open
> dialog.

This didn't help. Should I run it in some specific directory?

>> Secondly there is nothing displayed in the 'Detailed Snapshot Analysis'
>> tab, even though there are plenty of snapshots in the list on the right
>> side. I guess this is the behavior when the application does not find
>> kgraphviewer?
>
> Did you select anything in the right side list? Show me a screenshot. Oh, and
> show me the CLI debug output when you click on the right side item.

Yes. http://i.imgur.com/9EF2U.png

CLI output:

#v+
massif-visualizer(32359)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction
"toggleDataTree" with KXMLGUIFactory!
massif-visualizer(32359)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction
"toggleAllocators" with KXMLGUIFactory!

##  Here I open dialog...
massif-visualizer(32359)/kdecore (services)
KMimeTypeFactory::parseMagic: Now parsing
"/home/liori/Programy/massif-visualizer/install/share/mime/magic"
massif-visualizer(32359)/kdecore (services)
KMimeTypeFactory::parseMagic: Now parsing  "/usr/share/mime/magic"
command: "./MBD_memory_profiling"
time unit: "i"
snapshots: 83
peak: snapshot # 56 after "3.00536e+13i"
peak cost: "307.9 MiB"  heap "45.1 MiB"  heap extra "0 B"  stacks

# Then I click Detailed Snapshot Analysis and select a snapshot, but
# nothing shows.
#v-

Should I compile massif-visualizer in debug mode?

Tomasz Melcer