[MassifVisualizer] Re: Few problems

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jan 3 19:11:41 CET 2011

Tomasz Melcer, 03.01.2011:
> Hello,
>
> My system: Debian SID, GNOME, x64.
>
> I just compiled kgraphviewer and massif-visualizer from scratch. I used
> Debian-provided kdelibs (4.4.5). I've got two problems, but I'm not sure
> whether they are genuine bugs or just mistakes on my part. My build
> process:
>
> (starting in ~/Programy)
>
> git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kgraphviewer
> cd kgraphviewer
> mkdir build ; cd build
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/Programy/kgraphviewer/install ..
>
> make -j 2
> make install
>
> cd ../..
> git clone git://anongit.kde.org/massif-visualizer
> cd massif-visualizer
> mkdir build ; cd build
>
> cmake
> -DKGRAPHVIEWER_INCLUDE_DIRS=~/Programy/kgraphviewer/install/include
> -DKGRAPHVIEWER_LIBRARY_DIRS=~/Programy/kgraphviewer/install/lib
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/Programy/massif-visualizer/install ..
>
> # cmake reported here that kgraphviewer *has* been found.
>
> make -j 2
> make install
>
> Firstly I tried to open a massif output file using File->Open, but the
> dialog window did not display any of them. I managed to open it only
> when I started typing `massif.` in the text field below.

Try running kbuildsycoca4 - does that change things? Might be a problem with
the custom mime type. I should probably add a "all files" option to the open
dialog.

> Secondly there is nothing displayed in the 'Detailed Snapshot Analysis'
> tab, even though there are plenty of snapshots in the list on the right
> side. I guess this is the behavior when the application does not find
> kgraphviewer?

Did you select anything in the right side list? Show me a screenshot. Oh, and
show me the CLI debug output when you click on the right side item.

Bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de