AW: Rewritten parser for GeoJSON files to handle styling

tackat at t-online.de tackat at t-online.de
Tue Sep 3 10:13:27 BST 2019

Hi John

> * Actual handling of the GeoJSON Simplestyle icon styles would be
>  nice, extended possibly to be generic for all formats: location
>  pins inspired by Google Maps, Mapbox and Leaflet.js [1] where you
>  can select a pin, a colour and size for the pin and an icon (say
>  from the Maki icon set [2]) to be inside the pin.
>
>  [1] https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet/blob/master/dist/images/marker-icon.png
>  [2] https://labs.mapbox.com/maki-icons/

Sounds like a great addition.

> * Editing and saving of GeoJSON files within Marble to be on par
>  with KML?

As long as it reuses the existing code base (or improves it in a generic way) that sounds very interesting.
Editing and Saving KML (or OSM) still feels a bit cumbersome from the user's perspective, so any
improvements on that side would also be very much welcome.

> My greatest limitation is available time!

I'm facing a similar issue since my son Matthias was born last year ;-)
Still I plan to become more active again in the Marble world ....

Best Wishes

Torsten

--
John Zaitseff                   ,--_|\    The ZAP Group
Telephone: +61 2 9643 7737     /      \   Sydney, Australia